What have I been up to lately??? Well, obviously I’ve still been helping with the new baby. Nothing like having that sweetness to rock for a while! They don’t stay little for very long. Here’s our little man in his smocked outfit – I think it will fit for maybe another week!
Hubby was gone for a little over a week, so I decided that this was a good time for a couple projects. Some of these are easier when you don’t have to clean up the mess at the end of the day! My pantry was in desperate need of organization. How on earth do pantries get to be such a mess??? So, a thorough cleaning out and throwing out of some outdated items. Because we’ve gone to wheat free eating, so many other types of flours are necessary, and they all come in 1 lb. bags which are hard to control. They were falling all over the place. I need to say – I have the tiniest pantry you can imagine – it’s a closet door width and the shelves are 12″ deep, so some creative organization was needed. Not much room in there – and it was definitely NOT enough when we had all the kids living at home.
A trip to the closest big box store (Walmart) and I came home with a few Rubbermaid containers – just to see how they would work out. They fit perfectly!!! I was doing the happy dance. So, back to the store for more – I cleaned them out since they didn’t have that many. I didn’t have nearly enough. Who knew it would be impossible to find these containers anywhere else? After 2 hrs. on the road and in 5 different stores, I came home empty-handed and did an internet search, only to find out that they were only available locally at Walmart – but I would need to go across town for more of them. Ugh! Clearly I was on a mission, so I made the drive across town that evening and purchases all that I needed to finish up the pantry, returned home and got it done. Doesn’t it look lovely?
The following day I went to the Container store and purchased the 2 organizers for all the bags and wrap boxes and found the cutest labels for my new containers. Score!!!
That and a command hook on the door for the aprons and I’m calling this project finished! Now I can find everything and it looks pretty as well.
Many more projects followed, including cleaning out the 2 linen closets, cleaning and organizing the drawers & cabinets in the master bath, dropping off a car load to Goodwill and painting a headboard. It was a productive week, just not a sewing week. I’d rather be sewing, which is exactly what I’m doing today!
Until next time, keep on stitching….
This entry was posted in picture smocked dress on .