I was quite surprised when I brought Ella her dress that Eva said she liked it as well! Of course, that means that she needed a white dress as well.
For this dress I used the Children’s Corner “Lillian” pattern. The simple shift style is a perfect pallet for some creative stitching. I chose to use spaghetti bias to create a grid that would allow me to do some simple embroidery inside the grid. The green spaghetti bias was purchased at Farmhouse Fabrics. I wanted the turquoise spaghetti bias to be slightly wider, so I made that by cutting 1-1/4″ strips and sewing them into tubes.
The dress is a size 6. I marked the dress front with vertical lines 6″ apart (turquoise gingham) and then drew in the diagonal marks 4″ apart. This gave me 3 large areas to embroider inside.
I kept the embroidery simple. The outside circle is 2″ and the inside flower 1-1/4″. The flower alone seemed too small to fill the space, so the outside 2″ circle was added. I think it softens the geometric design. All of the floss are the same as on Ella’s dress, so they will co-ordinate nicely.
I’ve been trying to use up this poly/cotton fabric so that I don’t have to put any back on the shelves. There’s still more of it!!! I guess that means that Livvy will also be getting a white dress. LOL! That’s on the cutting table for the next project.
I hope you’re enjoying some summer sewing as well!!!