I’ve been absent for too long. What have I been up to, you might ask. I’ve been pattern drafting and testing. I’ve finally finished up the diaper set pattern for infants and included NB – 12 mo. sizes in the pattern. I have at least one request per month for my preemie pattern in larger sizes, so now it is done! Whew! That was some work. Of course, before I would consider listing the pattern, I had to make it up in each size. I now have several sweet sets that I can save for future grandkids or use for baby gifts. I love how each one turned out!
I love red, white and blue – especially for little boys! I worked on the shadow work anchor embroidery while we drove to the mountains on Sunday to visit the inlaws and spend Mother’s Day with my MIL. The 2 hour drive was ample time to get the embroidery finished. However, I don’t recommend shadow work embroidery in the car! LOL! It was quite the challenge to get that needle back into the same hole while riding in a car. However, it did turn out cute!
Another set was made in green seersucker and I had to include the frog embroidery on this set! One of our SAGA guild members had embroidered these frogs on a Wee Care outfit and I loved them, so I did them on the diaper set. If you’re interested in the design, it comes from the A – Z Bullion embroidery.
Then I did another outfit with the tiniest bit of embroidery. I appliquéd the boat with a blanket stitch and then added just a little hand embroidery to finish up the boat.
After 3 boy outfits, I decided to make a fun little girl outfit instead of the frilly lace one like I did for the preemie set, though the instructions are included for the frilly lace set in the pattern!
Obviously, I couldn’t exclude lace altogether!!! I gathered up some flat lace and stitched it on using ribbon to cover up the raw edges of the lace. I am quite happy with how it turned out. Then I added piping and lace to the blouse. The yellow flower buttons were such a great match to the fabric.
For the little girl blouse, I chose a fun bird to embroider. After looking online for the perfect (in my opinion!) bird, I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for, so I took elements of different birds that I saw and drew my own. It was fun to incorporate some different stitch combinations to make up this bird and I think it adds such a sweet touch to the blouse. I did include the bird design in the pattern as well – it was too cute to leave out!
I think I’m going to have to have my tech support guy (aka: hubby!) check my photo set up – I’m not getting quite the right colors and seem to have some weird shading going on. Maybe it’s because I’ve neglected the blog and haven’t done my photo editing lately. 😂😛 Now it is on to cleaning up the room and deciding on the next project. I think it will have to be some summer outfits for the upcoming beach trip in June. that will be here before long!
I hope you’re enjoying some fun, summer sewing!!! If your sewing includes sweet babies, consider the diaper cover pattern this summer! 😊