This past week was one of R&R for me. I stitched things that I love and enjoyed it! Sometimes a week of R&R is just what is needed to rejuvenate. One of my stitching projects was a bishop dress. This was a quick bishop because I happened to find this ready-to-smock dress in the closet. It’s practically vintage as it is at least 10 years old, and the fabric even older! 😛 There’s only a couple ready-to-smocks left in there. I had sewn many RTS outfits several years ago – before grandchildren! So, now it’s a real bonus to find one the right size and to be able to complete the smocking.
I had our wild little Eva in mind with this dress. It’s a pretty wild print! LOL! Also, this is a poly/cotton piqué, so very easy care. That’s a real bonus for busy moms!!!
I used my favorite bishop “dip” design method in order to smock just one figure on the front. I do modify the “dip” design to accommodate different pictures, but the free design is a good starting place. Then I chose a lady bug from Frances Messina Jone’s “Make A Ladybug Wish” plate. This is available at many fine heirloom shops. I love the way that it looks on this bright print!
It’s still not a sure thing that this will get worn. When I brought it to Eva, she told me that she didn’t like it. 😂 She does have her opinions! However, when I told her that I’d give it to Livvy, she changed her mind and said that she would keep it. We’ll see – it may still go to Livvy! LOL!
I also finished stitching and sewing my sample garment for a new class and loved the way that it turned out. I’ll share that in the next post. Until then, keep on stitching!!!