I’ve finished my first project of 2020. It has taken me a few weeks to get this done because I was making up the pattern as I went along. The finished project is perfect for taking to retreats, conventions, workshops, etc. I’m happy with it!
I wanted a case with plenty of storage as well as LOTS of pockets to keep all of the many notions in place and this case meets the criteria.
One of the outside pockets showcases a simple smocking design that I have had stashed away for a while. I had the perfect red/black/white fabrics to work with the smocking design. this pocket is large enough to slip a magazine or notebook inside.
The other side of the bag has a pocket large enough for my iPad as I almost always have that with me when I travel and/or take a class.
I considered adding a sleeve that would slip over the handle of my sewing machine tote, but then decided against it. If I decide that this is something that I need, I’ll sew up another case and include the sleeve.
The inside of the case is large enough to accommodate 3 – 4 project bags, which makes it perfect to take to a sewing venue where more than one class will be taken. Below is the bag with the removable page before I started filling it up.
The inside of the tote, without the removable pocket page has lots of pockets. This is the inside – without removable page and without supplies.
I’m showing the notebook on the left side and on the right side behind the pocket is 2 class kits comfortably stored away.
I just LOVE ❤️ all of the pockets in this case. If I make it again, I may choose some different arrangements, but these really work well.
Here are each of the sides (Velcro page removed) with supplies stashed away safely. As you can see – there’s room for so much stuff!!!
In the center of the bag (as it is opened up) is a Velcro strip. I made a removable page that has more pockets as well as a clear zippered bag that can hold a project or whatever else.
This is one side of the page – it includes lots of small pockets that are perfect for machine needles, machine feet and thread.
The other side of the page has 2 larger mesh pockets. Of course, the vinyl side is just one large pocket.
Here the page is inside the case and the pockets are filled.
I love having all the smaller compartments for my sewing machine needles and threads as so many times several different sizes or types are needed in a class and this makes them easy to find.
I’m considering adding another page with different pocket configurations. Because I stitched the Velcro pieces on both sides of the page spine, I can add as many as I want. However, after spending a few weeks working on this, I’m ready to move on and start thinking about Easter dresses for the granddaughters. 😊 Sewing clothing is much more enjoyable for me than sewing totes, cases, etc., although I do like the challenge periodically. I’ve kept my instructions and also made notes in case I want to make another one.
So, the new year sewing has gotten off to a good start! I’ve now cleaned up the sewing room, stashed away the bag making supplies and am ready to dream up my next project!
I hope that you’ll be sewing some fun things this new year as well.